Academic Advising Handbook
The Title III goals to “Strengthen Student Retention” and “Revitalize Faculty Development” call for digital materials to provide training in advising for new faculty as well as “refresher” training for others. The Title III staff have developed an Online Academic Advisor Handbook.
The Online Handbook, along with supplementary materials, is available both here and in the D2L advising page. The goal is to provide convenient, universal access to the information needed to analyze and support student progress and academic success. The handbook includes information about:
- APSU advising philosophy
- Resource and contact information
- The National Academic Advisement Association (NACADA)
- Advising procedures
- Things to consider when advising
- The CARE Policy
- The Fresh Start Policy
- The academic advising syllabi
- Advising tips
- An advising checklist
- An online learning survey
- How to use BANNER to enhance advising sessions, etc.
Supplementary materials available both here and on the D2L advising page include: