Scholarships - miscellaneous
Please refer to the "APSU Scholarships" page for the majority of scholarships offered by APSU. This page covers some miscellaneous scholarships for future / current computer science majors.
BestColleges.com - Scholarship for Computer Science Majors
According to a 2016 report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers, computer science graduates are poised to enter their field with the second highest
average salary among bachelor's level disciplines. BestColleges.com have curated a Scholarships for Computer Science Majors guide for those students pursuing a degree in computer science.
Check out the Scholarships for Computer Science Majors guide.
Computer Science Online - Guide to Computer Science Scholarships
Please follow this link to the website... The guide includes expert advice on finding CS scholarships, current scholarships available to specific groups of students and describes the rising cost of tuition and the growing necessity for scholarships.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. Over 100 students are selected each year for participation in the Ernest F. Hollings scholarship program. The scholarship includes support for two years of undergraduate study and a paid summer internship at a NOAA facility across the country.
For information on program benefits and how to apply, visit web site:
- Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship: http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/scholarships/hollings.html
- Application Deadline: changes every year
- US Citizen
- 3.0 GPA
- Full-time second year student at an accredited four-year undergraduate program or third year student at a five-year undergraduate program
- Majoring in NOAA mission disciplines, including but not limited to: atmospheric science, biology, cartography, chemistry, computer science, education, engineering, environmental science, geodesy, geography, marine science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physical science, photogrammetry, physics, etc.
"Stackable" Community College Scholarship
University Advancement has been working with an anonymous donor to establish five
new $3,000 per year scholarships for community college graduates. The stipulations
on the scholarship are below.
NOTE, this scholarship can be “stacked” on top of the current Community College Scholarship.
Stipulations/Renewal Requirements, Etc.:
- The scholarship is for students that did not receive the lottery scholarship upon graduation from high school.
- The student has realized the importance of obtaining a BA or BS degree.
- The student has graduated from community college.
- The student requires financial aid in order to obtain their goal of earning a 4- year degree.
- Must be a full time student.
- To receive the scholarship a second year, they must have a 3.0 GPA and be making normal progress to graduation.
NOTE: Computer Science majors are eligible to this scholarship (some other majors are not).