Policies and Instructions
- Registration for courses and ensembles is available at the Community School of the Arts' section of the AP Marketplace. There are links for each class/lesson included with the course description. Registration is typically available until one week prior to the start date. Music lessons are accepted at any time.
- Instructions for using AP Marketplace: Visit the AP Marketplace site and create an account. After creating an account, you will choose the Community School of the Arts store where you can then select the course or ensemble you wish to register for and add it to your cart. Once you have made your selections, you will follow the instructions to checkout and pay. The CSA office will receive record of your payment and registration.
- Registration with the Coordinator's office is still available on a limited basis. We can only accept cash or check in our office.
- Registration for private music instruction is explained here: Private Music Instruction
- Instructors are not responsible for registering students.
- Late registrations are not accepted once a class/workshop has begun.
- All courses and workshops are subject to a minimum enrollment number. In the event that the minimum enrollment number is not met you will be given the option of applying your payment towards another course/workshop or be offered a full refund. Refunds are processed through the university's business office and typically take 3-5 business days to appear in your bank account or credit card.
- Tuition is due at the time of registration. Full payment may be made online at the AP Marketplace or in person in the Coordinator's office.
- Payment plans are available upon request.
- Payment for private music lessons is expected prior to the lesson. Any missed lessons without proper notification will be charged to the student.
- The CSA reserves the right to dismiss any student for failure to pay tuition/fees.
- Once enrolled, students are expected to attend all lessons/classes. The CSA has no make-up policy.
- If a student misses a lesson or class, the CSA will not issue a refund, and instructors are not required to teach makeup sessions.
- If a class or lesson is cancelled due to teacher illness or teacher emergency, the teacher will schedule a make-up lesson at no additional cost to the student.
- Any student wishing to cancel a private lesson should notify the instructor 24hrs prior to the lesson time.
- For private lessons: Students that pre-pay for a full session of lessons will not be refunded if the student has had a minimum of three lessons. Students that pay-as-you-go are required to take the number of lessons purchased. Refunds will not be offered to these students if they choose to stop taking lessons.
- For group classes, music ensembles, woekshops, and summer camps: Refunds are available only if students request a refund one week before the start of the first class, first rehearsal, first workshop, or first day of camp. Once a group class, rehearsal, workshop, or camp has begun, the CSA will not issue refunds.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- In the event of inclement weather, the CSA will close only if Austin Peay State University closes. We do not operate with the Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools.
- Instructors that are coming from out of town have the discretion to cancel lessons due to bad weather. You will be contacted by your instructor in the event this should happen. Missed lessons due to weather will be made up.
- If weather should force the cancelation of any CSA activities you will be contacted by your instructor or the Coordinator.
- The CSA provides a text alert system to notify students and instructors of cancellation. Please sign up at https://www.remind101.com/join/csaa
- If you have specific questions regarding closings, please call 931-221-7508.