In partnership with the APSU Department of Music, the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts offers a wide range of ongoing music programs:
- The Clarksville Community Concert Association has been bringing renowned performers and ensembles to APSU several times each year for the past 50 years. Individual tickets and season packages are available online here.
- The Gateway Chamber Orchestra presents a fresh approach to masterworks of the past and present, including those that lack a traditional home in the repertoire, thereby enriching the lives of audiences in Middle Tennessee, including members of the Austin Peay State University and surrounding community, through concerts and educational outreach.
- The Mid-South Jazz Festival includes performances by the APSU Jazz Ensembles and a featured artist or ensemble every April.
- Trumpet Day includes a master classes given by a prominent guest artist and combined trumpet ensemble performances with current APSU trumpet students and faculty.
- A wide variety of annual music festivals and workshops, including Choir Festival, Orchestra Festival, Opera Workshop, Honor Band, Piano Camp, Summer Flute Academy, Young Artist Competition, and GuitarFest.
The APSU music students, faculty, and visiting artists are heard in more than 100 concerts each year. In addition to myriad performances, the music department offers instrumental, vocal, keyboard, and ensemble instruction from faculty who are nationally and internationally recognized performers, scholars, and educators.