In partnership with the Department of Art, the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts offers:
- The Visiting Artist Series, which includes lectures and exhibition by accomplished professional artists; and
- The APSU Downtown Gallery, which features monthly exhibitions by Austin Peay alumni and faculty in historic downtown Clarksville at 116 Strawberry Alley.
The APSU Department of Art
The APSU art department faculty are practicing artists who have earned national and international renown. Additionally, students learn from experts and visionaries teaching on an adjunct basis, as well as visiting artists, designers, and craftsmen who work with students in classroom and workshop settings.
With three galleries on campus, APSU offers constant exposure to unique, contemporary and traditional art exhibitions.
- Trahern Gallery offers a variety of visual arts experiences through numerous exhibitions.
- Mabel Larson Gallery is home to the University’s permanent art collection.
- Gallery 108 features the work of graduating art majors and visiting artists on a weekly basis.