Graduate Admissions Exams
Some graduate programs require certain scores on a specific standardized test.
- Management (M.S.M.) - Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- M.A.T., M.A.Ed., M.Ed. - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Music - No standardized entry test is required
- Nursing - No standardized entry test is required
- Professional Studies - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required unless you have five years of professional experience. If you have five years of professional experience, you may submit a portfolio in lieu of GRE scores.
- All other programs - Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
If you reside near campus, you may take the test at Prometric Test Center, located one block from APSU. To schedule a test click the link above and find a test center closest to you (have a card ready for payment). Call (931) 647-2003 for any other questions regarding the test.
For local applicants, the nearest testing center is Pearson Professional Center, located in Nashville. Call (615) 255-8672.
NOTE: When registering to test, you must use the name that is an exact match to the name on your photo I.D. You must present your photo I.D. to be admitted for the test. If the name on your application is not identical to the name on your photo I.D., you will NOT be admitted. For international students, the passport is the ONLY acceptable form of identification.
The MAT is offered at the APSU Testing Center.