Basic Graduate Admissions Requirements
Fall 2014 Application Deadline Date:
Main Campus Fall: Extended to: August 17, 2014
Classes begin on August 25, 2014
Fort Campbell Fall I: August 5, 2014
Classes begin on August 13, 2014
Fall II: October 8, 2014
Classes begin on October 18, 2014
Application deadlines may vary according to graduate program. Please see additional application review deadline dates at noted per graduate program of interest.
All admission requirements should be mailed to the following address:
Austin Peay State University
PO Box 4458
Clarksville, TN 37044
Admission materials (excluding transcripts) may be emailed to email@example.com.
Please adhere to your intended graduate program for additional important application materials and required submission dates
Regular admission status will be granted to applicants who have submitted all official documents and have met the admission requirements for the program in which they intend to major.
Conditional admission status may be granted to applicants who have submitted unofficial documents and have met the admission requirements for the program in which they intend to major. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit official undergraduate transcripts and departmental entrance exams by the 10th day after the first day of the main campus semester or the sixth day of the Fort Campbell term in which the student has applied. If official documents are not received, all classes will be dropped.
- Submit a graduate application for admission to the College of Graduate Studies (CoGS) by the University's Academic Calendar application deadline date.
- Pay the non-refundable $25 application fee.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from ALL colleges attended and showing completion of Bachelors degree.
- Official scores for the GRE, GMAT or MAT exams. Consult the graduate admissions exams to determine which exam you should take.
- If required by the department, submit letters of recommendation, which should be written by former or current college professors and university instructors that can verify your capability to perform at the graduate level. All letters of recommendation must be signed by the recommender.
- Fulfill any additional requirements established by the program.
- Allow up to 10 business day for admission items to be processed.
Steps to Graduate Admissions
Follow these steps to begin the admission process if (1) you already have earned a bachelor’s degree, (2) meet the admission requirements for your program of choice AND (3) intend to complete your master’s degree at APSU. To determine if you meet program specific requirements, please review our special admission requirements. If you have any questions, please contact Graduate Admissions at GradAdmissions@apsu.edu or (931) 221-7662.
|Step 1||Prospective students must have earned a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2.5 GPA for CoGS consideration. The GPA requirement varies per graduate program. Learn about specific program admission requirements.|
|Step 2||Submit the online application for admission or contact us at GradAdmissions@apsu.edu or (931) 221-7662 to request a paper application.|
Pay the nonrefundable $25 application fee. Online graduate admission applications will allow the application fee to be paid via the Web. If a paper application is submitted, please mail the application fee made payable to Austin Peay State Univeristy to:
APSU Graduate Admissions
Clarksville, TN 37044
If required, have three (3) academic and/or professional contacts submit signed letters of reference to the CoGS office on your behalf. It is important to check the respective graduate program admission requirements regarding letters of reference. (NOTE: There are a few departments that do not require letters of reference). Please refer to the Graduate Program link for detailed reference instructions.
Request ALL undergraduate and graduate institution(s) to mail official transcripts reflecting all coursework completed at the institutions to the CoGS office. You may use the transcript request form. NOTE: Transcripts that are hand delivered to the CoGS office will be considered "unofficial" transcripts.
Complete entrance exams (if required) by your graduate program and request the official scores are submitted to the CoGS office. NOTE: APSU code for GRE is 1028.
Required tests are the following:
- Management (M.S.M.) - Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- M.A.T., M.A.Ed., M.Ed. - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Music - No standardized entry test is required
- Nursing - No standardized entry test is required
- Professional Science - GRE
- Professional Studies - GRE is required unless you have five years of professional experience. If five years of professional experience is achieved, submit a portfolio in lieu of GRE scores.
- All other programs - GRE
|Step 7||Submit any departmental admission items as required. See the Graduate Programs link for specific admission requirements.|
Active duty military personnel or veteran are required to submit the documents listed below:
- AIR FORCE - Community College of the Air Force transcript or DD Form 295
- ARMY - AARTS transcript or DD Form 295
- NATIONAL GUARD - AARTS transcript or NGB Form 22
- MARINE CORPS - ITSS MATMEP or SMART
- RESERVES - Enlisted Contract 4-1 or 4-2 or DD Form 2586
- NAVY - DD Form 295 or SMART
- VETERANS (retired or discharged) - DD Form 214 Member Copy 4 with characterization of service