Basic Graduate Admissions Requirements
Application Deadline Date for Summer 3: May 15, 2013
Application Deadline Date for Summer 1: May 20, 2013
Please adhere to your intended graduate program for additional important application materials and required submission dates
- Submit an application for admission to graduate school by the University's Academic Calendar application deadline date.
- Pay the non-refundable $25 application fee.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from all colleges attended and showing completion of Bachelors degree.
- Official scores for the GRE, GMAT or MAT exams. Consult the graduate admissions exams to determine which exam you should take.
- If required by the department, submit letters of recommendation, which should be written by former or current college professors and university instructors that can verify your capability to perform at the graduate level. All letters of recommendation must be signed by the recommender.
- Fulfill any additional requirements established by the program.
Steps to Graduate Admissions
Follow these steps to begin the admission process if (1) you already have earned a bachelor’s degree, (2) meet the admission requirements for your program of choice AND (3) intend to complete your master’s degree at APSU. To determine if you meet program specific requirements, please review our special admission requirements. If you have any questions, please contact Graduate Admissions at GradAdmissions@apsu.edu or (931) 221-7662.
|Step 1||Learn about specific program admission requirements.|
|Step 2||Submit the online application for admission or contact us at GradAdmissions@apsu.edu or (931) 221-7662 to request a paper application.|
Pay the nonrefundable $25 application fee. If you submit the online application for admission, you will be prompted to pay via the Web. If you submit a paper application, please mail a check made payable to Austin Peay State Univeristy to:
APSU Graduate Admissions
Clarksville, TN 37044
Please check your program admission requirements for letters of reference (some departments do not have this requirement). If required, have three (3) academic and/or professional contacts submit signed letters of reference to us on your behalf.
Request all your undergraduate and graduate institution(s) to mail us official transcripts reflecting all coursework you completed at the institutions. You can use our transcript request form.
Complete entrance exams if required by your graduate program and have the official scores submitted to our office. Required tests are the following:
- Management (M.S.M.) - Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- M.A.T., M.A.Ed., M.Ed. - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Music - No standardized entry test is required
- Nursing - No standardized entry test is required
- Professional Studies - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required unless you have five years of professional experience. If you have five years of professional experience, submit a portfolio in lieu of GRE scores.
- All other programs - Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
|Step 7||Submit any departmental admission items as required. See graduate programs for specific admission requirements.|
If you are active duty military personnel or a veteran, submit the documents listed below.
- AIR FORCE - Community College of the Air Force transcript or DD Form 295
- ARMY - AARTS transcript or DD Form 295
- NATIONAL GUARD - AARTS transcript or NGB Form 22
- MARINE CORPS - ITSS MATMEP or SMART
- RESERVES - Enlisted Contract 4-1 or 4-2 or DD Form 2586
- NAVY - DD Form 295 or SMART
- VETERANS (retired or discharged) - DD Form 214 Member Copy 4 with characterization of service