Chem 1121 - General Chemistry II
Reminder: Pre-lab material is accessible through Owl LabSkills
Spring 2015 - UPDATED on March 13, 2015
- Week of January 19: Introduction, Syllabus, Safety and Laboratory Rules
- Week of January 26: Paper Chromatography of Food Dyes and Colors
- Week of February 2: Design Your Own Chromatography Experiment Worksheet *
- Week of February 9: Colligative Properties - Freezing Point Depression *
- Week of February 16: SNOW DAY- no lab- Synthesis of Alum Lab moved to March 16
- Week of February 23: The Iodine Clock- A Study in Kinetics
- Week of March 2: SNOW DAY- no lab
- Week of March 9: No Lab: Spring Break
- Week of March 16: Synthesis of Alum UPDATED- Please notice the change to the original schedule.
- Week of March 23: A pH Study of Acids and Salts Solutions **
- Week of March 30: Buffer Action and Calculations **
- Week of April 6: Determining the Identity of an Unknown Weak Acid **
- Week of April 13: Solubility and Thermodynamics of Potassium Nitrate
- Week of April 20: Investigating the Activity Series
The single asterisk (*) denotes the labs over which the first formal report can be written over. You will need to choose only one of these three to write your first formal report over.
The double asterisk (**) denotes the labs over which the second formal report can be written over. You will need to choose only one of these three to write your second formal report over.
- Graphing Using Microsoft Excel
- Chemical Properties of the Alkaline Earths and Halogens
- Electrochemical Half Cells and Reactions
- Determining Equivalent Weight by Copper Electrolysis
- Colorimetric Determination of Iron in Vitamin Tablets and Determining the Equilibrium Constant for a Chemical Reaction - Both removed from original Spring 2015 Schedule