Recruiting Rules & Regulations
Who is Eligible to Participate?
Recruiters with career, internship and co-operative education opportunities may participate in APSU’s on-campus recruiting program (OCR). Pyramid companies and companies that charge start-up fees are not eligible.
Companies who provide commission based salaries can set up information tables and/or host presentations but are not eligible for APSU Career Services personnel to set up interviews for potential candidates.
Austin Peay State University reserves the right to refuse any on-campus recruiting request.
- Registration must be made at least one month prior to the intended visit. Requests made less than 30 days in advance will be honored at the discretion of Austin Peay State University Career Services.
- Scheduling is on a first come, first served basis and is at the discretion of Austin Peay State University Career Services.
- On-campus recruiting is available during fall and spring semesters on dates when classes are in session. Holidays and other blackout dates are listed at the top of the registration form.
When you register for on-campus recruiting with Austin Peay State University, you agree to certain responsibilities. Please read the following list carefully. Failure to fulfill your responsibilities may result in your organization being prevented from taking advantage of future opportunities with Austin Peay State University Career Services including but not limited to on-campus recruiting, resume service, job listing service and the Nashville Areas Career fair.
- Recruiters must submit a registration for OCR at least one month prior to their intended visit. Requests made less than 30 days in advance will be honored at the discretion of Career Services. Registration is available through Jobs4Govs.
- Only complete registrations can be accepted. Please please fill out the form carefully and thoroughly. The more information you provide, the better Career Services can prepare for your visit.
- Recruiters must either include a detailed company/job description on their registration form or send a description immediately after registering.
- Recruiters should designate one representative from the company or school to serve as a contact person.
- If you have complimentary literature or applications that you would like Career Services to distribute, these materials must be received by our office no later than 7 days prior to the recruiting date. Mail items to:
Austin Peay State University
Office of Career Services
P.O. Box 4637
Clarksville, TN 37044
- In consideration of our students, recruiters should not cancel or alter their schedule unless absolutely necessary. If you must cancel, please do so in writing by e-mail, fax or mail at least 10 days in advance of your visit.
Within 48 hours of receiving your cancellation, APSU Career Services will send a confirmation. Please retain this cancellation confirmation for your records. It is the recruiter's responsibility to make sure their cancellation has been received.
For more information, please contact us at:
Austin Peay State University Office of Career Services
Morgan University Center, Room 210
PO Box 4637, Clarksville, TN 37044
Phone: (931) 221-6544 - Fax: (931) 221-7742