Employers: Posting a Job at APSU
Austin Peay State University students and alumni represent a diverse range of skills, experience and education. Posting a job with APSU Career Services is a good way to connect with this rich job market. Your next great employee could be from APSU!
To give yourself the best chance of finding strong candidates, please read the Tips and FAQ. You may post a job by creating an account through our new site, Jobs for Govs which will allow you to post job and internship announcements as well as view student and alumni resumes at any time.
Tips for Employers
- Set a closing date on your announcement. Logical or not, people are more likely to dismiss jobs with open-ended timelines. You can always repost if necessary.
- Please contact us if your position is filled before its closing date. A quick call or e-mail saves you a lot of unnecessary inquiries. It also helps maintain our reputation as a reliable source for current job listings. A good reputation brings more candidates to our office, so everyone wins!
- For part-time postings, be specific about scheduling needs so students know whether they can work the hours.
- Describing the duties and requirements of the job is the best way to get applicants who are a good match.
- Be clear about how you want or do not want to be contacted.
- If you require a candidate who is graduating or has graduated with a specific degree, you can contact our office for referrals. For more information, see the FAQ.