Skip Navigation

Financial Aid Refunds

We cannot issue a refund based on your estimated financial aid award. We must wait until your financial aid award is credited to your student account. Once your fees for the semester have been covered, you will receive a refund for any excess funds.

Follow the steps below to make sure you receive your refund quickly.

  • Complete an entrance interview and master promissory note if this is the first time you have taken out a student loan. Funds cannot be credited to your account – and refunds cannot be issued – until you do this. For more information, call the Office of Student Financial Aid at (931) 221-7907.
  • Sign up to have your refund deposited directly to your bank account. If the total of your financial aid and scholarship awards will be more than your fees, complete the online authorization through One-Stop. Click here for detailed instructions. 

This authorization form is separate from the authorization form you submit to the Human Resources Office if you are a student employee.  

  • Pay outstanding balances from last term. You cannot receive a refund for the current term until outstanding charges from last term are paid. As long as both terms fall in the same academic year, you can use this term’s financial aid money to pay charges from last term. You can complete Title IV Authorization online or submit the Title IV Authorization Form to the Office of Student Financial Aid, Box 4546, Clarksville, TN 37044. If you have questions, please call the Office of Student Financial Aid at (931) 221-7907. 

Federal regulations prohibit using financial aid for the current academic year to pay outstanding debt from a prior academic year.  Example: You CANNOT pay a balance from Spring 2013 with aid you are receiving for Fall 2013 because the terms fall in different academic years. You CAN pay a balance from Fall 2013 with financial aid received in Spring 2014 because both terms are included in the 2013-14 academic year.

Your account will remain on hold until you pay all past due charges. If you do not submit the Title IV Authorization Form, you must pay all outstanding charges in full. Failure to do so may result in a delay of processing financial aid refunds and/or deletion of classes. State Law prohibits the release of a registration hold for any student who owes debt to the University.