Skip Navigation

Student Deferment

You can defer repayment of your loan while you are enrolled in at least a half-time course load. Deferments are granted one semester/term at a time. You must submit a deferment form at the start of every semester/term for which you wish to defer repayment.

The registrar's office at your college or university must certify your enrollment status for each semester/term. Print, complete and submit the Student Deferment Form for each semester/term during which you wish to defer repayment.