Academic Alert is primarily a tool to help connect students to educational resources. Students who are alerted will receive an auto-generated email instructing them to contact the Office of Academic Alert by email, phone, or an office visit to discuss the issues or concerns raised by the faculty member.
The Academic Alert staff will continue to attempt to make contact with alerted students who do not respond to the alert as instructed by:
- Placing a telephone call to students with multiple warnings and alerts.
- Mailing a letter to students with incorrect or no telephone number listed in Banner.
- Requesting an advisor or instructor ask the student to stop by the Office of Academic Alert.
- Having a letter delivered the student via the Resident Life Office.
- Leaving a phone message via auto-dial.
During discussions witht he Academic Alert staff, students should be prepared to discuss steps they have already taken to improve academic performance.