With the construction of the new Art + Design Facility, the Trahern Gallery has been converted to the Trahern Black Box Theatre for the Department of Theatre and Dance. The new art gallery will reopen with the completion of the new facility.
Stay informed of upcoming events by to join our mailing list
CLOSED UNTIL FALL 2017 DUE TO CONSTRUCTION OF NEW ART+DESIGN FACILITIY
We will host several visiting artists throughout the 2016-2017 season, but will be using the campus as a gallery - please visit our Events page or join the mailing list above to stay informed of upcoming events.
2017-2018 Upcoming Exhibitions
We have an exciting schedule shaping up for the new gallery space in the new building. Please be sure to join our mailing list to stay informed and to receive eblast reminders of our upcoming exhibitions.
August 28 - September 22: Jamey Grimes
October 2 - 22: TBA
November 6 - December 6: Faculty Triennial
January 16 - February 9: John Douglas Powers
February 19 - March 23: Yvette Cummings
April 2 - April 25: 50th Annual Student Juried Exhibition
The purpose of the Trahern Gallery is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
Michael Dickins - firstname.lastname@example.org, 931-221-6519