Located in the Margaret Fort Trahern Art and Drama complex, the Trahern Gallery opened in 1974. Since that time it has featured a wide variety of regional, national and international exhibitions. The active, exhibit calendar changes on a regular basis and provides students and the community the opportunity to view quality, original artforms, first-hand. Gallery hours: 9:00 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Trahern Gallery is the centerpiece of the Department of Art's Living Gallery Program this year. In addition to exhibitions space the gallery will serve as a studio for 22 art students. The public is welcome to visit during regular business hours. During the evening of the first Thursday of the month, we will hold a reception for all visitors from 5-8pm. Come visit our studios and exhibitions in Trahern and all across campus from Sept 2012 through April 2013
The purpose of the Trahern Galleries is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
View Larger Map