Located in the Margaret Fort Trahern Art and Drama complex, the Trahern Gallery opened in 1974. Since that time it has featured a wide variety of regional, national and international exhibitions. The active, exhibit calendar changes on a regular basis and provides students and the community the opportunity to view quality, original artforms, first-hand. Gallery hours: 9:00 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
January 20 - February 6
This curated exhibit features 17 artists from around the country who use sound as the main or only element in their work. In addition to the Trahern Gallery, there will be several pieces located throughout the Trahern Building as well as the UC Bowl in front of the library. The aritists in the exhbition include: Aaron Hutchinson, Brian Harnetty, Curt Cloninger, Greg Pond, Jesse Thompson, Jason Sloan, Josh Gumiela, Kris Neely, Peter Kay, Matt Roberts, McLean Fahnestock, Morgan Higby-Flowers, Nathan Wolek, Phillip Andrew Lewis, Steve Roden and Will Owen. An opening reception will take place January 20 from 5 -7 p.m. with several artist in attendance.
January 19 - February 6
An exhibtion of audible artworks from artists working with sound as their primary medium. Curated by Barry Jones and Michael Dickins
February 16 - March 11
Gregory Botts: Painting Along the Road
Featuring the plein air paintings of Gregory Botts
March 30 - April 17
Annual Student Exhibition
Juried exhibition of work by APSU Art students
April 27 - May 1
Senior Design Show
The purpose of the Trahern Galleries is to promote the mission and vision of Austin Peay State University by hosting engaging and thought-provoking exhibitions of artworks:
- That provide important learning opportunities for students
- That serve to energize and maintain a high level of student engagement.
- That support the University’s commitment to collaboration, critical inquiry and cultural diversity
- That are meaningful to the University’s location, identity and mission
- That feature important artists whose work embodies the highest standards of excellence
- That celebrate community by also featuring works created by students, alumni, faculty and supporters
- That highlight the diverse disciplines practiced and taught at the University
- That promote an understanding of the arts
Stay informed of upcoming events by to join our mailing list