The GOV Run
No one said being a Governor was easy, but it sure means we have the most fun!
Join us as we celebrate being a GOV and promoting school spirit! Throw on the monocle and top hat. Prep the mustaches and primp those suit tails. We are about to have the color party of a lifetime!
Student Registration: http://thegovrunstudents2013.eventbrite.com/ - SOLD OUT
General Registration: http://thegovrun2013.eventbrite.com/
Liability Form for GOV Run
GOV Run Race Map
What and Where
The GOV Run is a 1 mile fun run around the beautiful APSU community using the new GOV Trails. This run is all about having fun and along the way will be color stations and surprises will be setup along the way to keep the party going. The race will conclude in the Morgan University Plaza for one GOV sized party, filled with color and music!
Promote- School Spirit! Being Healthy! Having Fun!
Colored Starch is 100% non-toxic and completely biodegradable and safe!
I free ticket per active student.
What you get
- GOV Run official t-shirt (sizing will be best matched to requested size)
- GOV Run Paint (distributed at entrance to "after-party")
- GOV Run Runner Packet (miscellaneous items)
- A chance to show your true GOV spirit and party with other GOVs!
Who can Run
- Students (If you are not a student please register HERE)
- Elected Governors
- Sorry no pets
Go GOV or Go Home!
For more information call 931-221-7979 or email email@example.com
Race Day info
- Registration will begin at 3 p.m. (Intramural Field)
- Race will take place on the Green GOV trail starting in front of the Honors Common.
- The finish line and "after-party" will be at the Intramural Field
- Dress up like a GOV, wear white, and have fun!
- No walk-ups will be allowed
Event Day Check-in:
The day of the Gov Run check-in will begin at 3 p.m. . You must have your I.D. and you must fill out a waiver. It would be helpful to also have your ticket printed and ready. There will be three stations for check-in. Your first stop will be the waiver station, which must be filled out to participate in the run. Here is a link to the waiver, printing it off and filling it out at home will speed up your check-in process! After your waiver is filled out you will need to have it and your I.D. ready to receive your wristband. Once you have your wristband you can grab your shirt and get ready for The Gov Run! Any children 5 and under will not be required to register for the race, but you will need to complete a waiver for them and they will not receive a t-shirt or paint.
Parking will be available behind the Foy Center as well as Pettus Park. Check-in will be located outside the MUC. For a copy of the race day map, check out www.apsu.edu/alumni. The after party will be inside the intramural field located at the corner of Drane St. and Marion.
GOV Run 2014 Sponsors
Alumni Relations Office
Future Alumni Members