CS Benefits- Dental and Vision
Dental and Vision Benefits
Austin Peay State University Alumni Association
What is dental insurance?
CS Benefits pays the provider for dental treatment based on coinsurance level
Freedom to visit any dentist, but greater savings are possible when using a Dentemax participating dentist
What services are covered?
Preventive: includes semi-annual exams and cleanings, x-rays, fluoride treatments, space maintainers and sealants.
Emergency palliative care
Basic/Major: includes fillings, extractions, oral surgery & anesthesia, endodontics (tooth pulp treatment), non surgical periodontics (gum treatment) , surgical periodontics ,repairs to bridges and dentures , inlays/onlays/crowns, dentures and bridges
Orthodontics: corrective treatment of dental alignment for dependents under age 19 (only on highest plan)
What are the benefit maximums?
- Preventive, Basic and Major: choice of $750, $1000 or $1,500 annual maximum per person (based on plan selected)
- Orthodontics: $1,000 lifetime maximum per person (highest plan only)
What are the deductibles?
- Preventive: $0 deductible
- Basic and Major: $50/deductible per person, maximum of 3 per family
- Orthodontics: $0 deductible
What are the waiting periods?
- Preventive, Basic, and Orthodontics: no waiting period
- Major : 12 month waiting period for new enrollees
Are there any pre-treatment authorizations required?
- Yes, any treatment valued at $300 or more requires pre-authorization
What is vision insurance?
- Member pays a monthly or biweekly premium
- Member also pays a copayment at the time of service
- CS Benefits pays the provider for vision services based on schedule of benefits
- Freedom to visit any optician or ophthalmologist, but greater savings are possible when using a Davis Vision participating provider
What are the copayments?
- Exams: high -$10 ; mid- $10; low -$20
- Eyeglass lenses and contact lenses: high-$10; mid- $25, low - $20
- Other services: see benefit summary
What are the frequency limitations?
- Exams, eyeglass lenses and contact lenses: every 12 months
- Eyeglass frames: every 24 months
Please speak with your alumni representative for rates. 1-800-843-7752