Agriculture Requirements College of Science and Mathematics
- AGRI 1000, 1310, 1410, 2210, 3500, 4010, 4020, 4430, 4500; 15 - 17 hours selected in consultation with advisor.
- No more than ten hours combined credit can be used from 3610, 3620, 4610, 4620, 4910, 4920, 4930.
- Related required courses include BIOL 1010, CHEM 1010 or 1110, ECON 2010, MIS 1200, and COMM 1010 for all specialties.
- Additional hours in each specialty area are required and should be chosen in consultation with advisor.
- No minor is required.
Students majoring in agriculture will choose one of three areas of study: Agri-Business, Agri-Science, or Agri-Communications. In each case, a strong broad-based understanding of American agriculture will be developed.
- The Agri-Business specialty is designed to prepare students for jobs in agricultural businesses and includes additional courses in marketing, management, economics, accounting
- The Agri-Science specialty is designed to prepare students for graduate schools or for jobs requiring technical knowledge of agriculture and includes additional courses in basic and applied sciences.
- The Agri-Communications specialty is designed to prepare students for jobs in agricultural journalism and communication and includes additional courses in journalism, broadcasting, photography.
- Eighteen hours of agriculture of which at least nine hours must be 3000-4000 level courses.