Sexual Harassment Examples
- Refusing to hire, promote, or granting or denying certain privileges because of acceptance or rejection of sexual behavior.
- Promising a work-related benefit or a grade in return for sexual favors.
- Suggestive or inappropriate communications, notes, letters, or other written materials displaying objects or pictures which are sexual in nature that would create hostile or offensive work or living environments.
- Sexual innuendoes, comments, and remarks about a person's clothing, body or activities.
- Suggestive or insulting sounds.
- Whistling in a suggestive manner.
- Humor and jokes about sex that denigrate men or women.
- Sexual propositions invitations, or pressure for sexual activity.
- Use in classroom of sexual jokes, stories, remarks or images in no way germane to the subject matter of the class.
- Implied or overt sexual threats.
- Suggestive or obscene gestures.
- Patting, pinching, and other inappropriate touching.
- Unnecessary touching or brushing against the body.
- Attempted or actual kissing or fondling.
- Coerced sexual intercourse.
- Sexual assault -- (To be immediately reported to Campus Public Safety (931-221-4848)
Harassment Based on Race, Color or National Origin
Any person's conduct which unreasonably interferes with an employee's or student's status or performance by creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working or educational environment. Includes offensive or demeaning treatment of an individual, where such treatment is based on prejudiced stereotypes of a group to which that individual may belong. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Objectionable epithets,
- Threatened or actual physical harm or abuse
- Other intimidating or insulting conduct directed against the individual because of his/her race, color, or national origin.
The University will take prompt action to prevent bigots from expressing their opinions in a way which abuses or offends their coworkers.
TBR Guideline No. P-080 and APSU policy number 5:003