Peay Pride. Feel It!
pride: \‘prid\ : a feeling one has upon possessing something special
Something special? You bet! Austin
Peay State University is poised to become one of the
Mid-South’s most distinguished universities, with
- A new student center with unrivaled architectural
beauty and student amenities.
- Fantastic new science buildings with
state-of-the-art classrooms and labs.
- Faculty members who are doctorally trained and
nationally recognized for their achievements.
- Graduates who have distinguished themselves as
artists, CEOs, musicians, authors, designers,
entrepreneurs and more.
pride: \’prid\ : the feeling one has in recognizing something’s importance or value.
Important indeed. Austin Peay has
had a profoundly positive effect on the
Clarksville-Montgomery County area. Though its impact on the personal growth of its students cannot be measured, many of the University's
contributions to the community are numerically
Austin Peay and its students pump over $190 million into the local economy annually.
- Austin Peay impacts the Clarksville/Montgomery County area with $133.8 million annually.
- Our students alone impact our economy by $31.3 million annually.
- Every year, APSU students spend:
- $18.8 million on food
- $6.5 million on clothing
- $1.3 million on gasoline
- Athletics produce $11 million per year in value.
- Total earnings: $55 million into regional economy.
- Impact on state taxes: $2.6 million not counting local and federal taxes.
- Recently spent $52.9 million on construction.
Austin Peay creates hundreds of jobs and expands the state's educated workforce.
- With approximately 800 employees, the University is a major source of jobs.
- We produce 1,800 jobs annually.
- For every job on campus, another 1.6 jobs are generated beyond the campus.
- Two out of
three Austin Peay graduates remain in the state for a
significant period of time after graduation, paying
taxes and becoming part of the state’s workforce.
Austin Peay brings hundreds of cultural events to the community every year.
- 36 art exhibits
- 200 music and dance performances
- 30 dramatic performances
Without this creative component,
Clarksville would be a far more culturally deprived
Austin Peay produces thousands of teachers, nurses, executives and other productive professionals.
- More than 34,000 graduates, including 5,000+ teachers and 1,400+ nurses
- More than 42,000 soldiers have attended Austin Peay since 1979.
Austin Peay contributes time, dollars, ideas
and talent to the community. Austin Peay’s
students, faculty and staff make civic contributions to
the community through their volunteer activities and
support of many organizations.
- American Red Cross
- Rotary Club
- Civitan Club
- Kiwanis Club
- United Way
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- American Cancer Society
- Habitat for Humanity
- American Heart Association
- March of Dimes
- Alzheimer’s Association
Peay Pride. Share it!
Here are a just a few ways you can show your Peay Pride:
- Post the phrase“Peay Pride: Feel it! Share it!” on your business marquee.
- Purchase Peay Pride t-shirts for employees and suggest they wear them on casual day.
- Put a Peay Pride sign in your yard and encourage neighbors to do the same.
- Attend a cultural event at Austin Peay.
- Attend an athletic event.
- Recommend Austin Peay to area high school students and their parents.
- Donate goods and services from your
business to the University (examples: giveaways, landscaping, ad space,
billboards, signage, maintenance materials such as
paint) or donate cash to cover these items or others.
- Wear a Peay Pride lapel pin and
tell inquirers what it’s about.
- Make a donation to Austin Peay and make
the University part of your estate plan.
- Put an
Austin Peay State University decal on your vehicle.