This information applies to you if you are age 21 or older, have never attended APSU and are not in the military.
(Click links to expand and collapse information)
Applying for Admission
- Complete and submit an application online or download our PDF application and mail it to the Office of Admissions.
- Pay your one-time, non-refundable $25 application fee online, through the mail, or in person at the Browning Administration Building. Checks should be made out to APSU.
- Take the COMPASS assessment through the APSU Testing Center. The COMPASS assessment is an untimed, computerized test that will measure your skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Have your former college(s) and high school/GED/HiSET test center send an official copy of your academic transcripts to our Office of Admissions.
- Information on application deadlines can be found here.
Send an official copy of your academic transcripts.
We cannot accept hand-delivered transcripts, special education diplomas or high school certificates.
Click here to print a Transcript Request Form you can mail to your former school(s).
Admission Requirements for Students Age 21 or Older
There are two kinds of admission to APSU for freshman students: unconditional and conditional. Specific admission criteria are included in the Undergraduate Bulletin. Students may apply online or complete the paper admission application here.