Austin Peay Guarantee
The Austin Peay Guarantee is a Dual Admission Program available to students transferring to APSU from various local community colleges. This program offers community college students the advantage of a structured approach for completion of an Associate's Degree, followed by enrollment in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree. Dually admitted students first enroll at the community college, complete the Associate's Degree, and then enroll at Austin Peay State University.
Chat with an APSU Admissions representative LIVE.
Advantages of The Austin Peay Guarantee
- Students are guaranteed acceptance to APSU, upon completion of their Associate's Degree.
- Students can save money by enrolling at the community college during their first 2 years.
- Academic advising available from APSU will facilitate a seamless transition between the two institutions.
- Students will be able to see their entire degree plan at the outset of their study.
- Completion of an A.A. or A.S. associate’s degree satisfies the B.B.A. and B.S. General Education Core at APSU.
- Students will be able to register during the priority registration time period at APSU the semester of graduation from the community college, after completion of APSU orienting activities.
- Students in the Austin Peay Guarantee Dual Admission Program who come to APSU with a 3.50 or higher collegiate grade point average and have completed an Associate's Degree will be considered for Presidential Transfer Scholarships.
- Students must plan to pursue both an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree.
- Students must meet current admission criteria at the community college.
- Students must submit all necessary documentation to be considered for admission.
- Students who are currently enrolled at the community college with fewer than 30 college-level semester hours may enter the program.
- Students must graduate under the 2004 or later Catalog/Bulletin.
- Students must have a 2.0+ cumulative GPA, at the time of APSU registration.
- A student may only participate in one Dual Admission program at a time.
- A student will be deemed ineligible if he/she fails to complete the Associate degree or fails to adhere to the provisions of the program.
- A student may withdraw from the program by providing a written intent to the community college or APSU.
- Students who attend another institution between the time they graduate from the community college and enroll at APSU must reapply to APSU as a transfer student.>
- Students in the program who continue to meet eligibility requirements are guaranteed admission to the university but not acceptance into any individual academic discipline which may have additional admission requirements.
- Students should apply to for the Austin Peay Guarantee program at the community college.
- Students will be asked to provide two copies of all application materials.
- The community college will forward copies of your application materials to APSU.
- Students will enroll at the community college and complete an Associate's Degree (AA/AS Degree).
- Upon graduation from the community college with an AA or AS Degree, students will reaffirm the information from their original application
- Students will then enroll at APSU and complete a Bachelor's Degree.
Transfer Student Resources