City of Clarksville, TN
At the Center of Everything
Clarksville-Montgomery County, Tennessee, is located on I-24 just 40 minutes northwest of Nashville, and approximately 250 miles from the population center of the United States. We are within a day's drive from 76% of major U.S. cities.
Top Ten Things to Do in Clarksville
Some text courtesy of the Clarksville-Montgomery County Convention and Visitors Bureau
1. Customs House Museum and Cultural Center: The State's second largest general interest museum, featuring fine art galleries and a sculpture garden, along with permanent exhibits.
2. Dunbar Cave State Natural Area: Guided tours of the cave available. The park also offers picnic tables, hiking trails and fishing.
3. Cumberland Riverwalk: This centerpiece of the River Distict includes an amphitheater, overlook plazas, a playground, picnic facilities, wharf, boat ramp and performance stages.
4. Historic Downtown/Franklin Street: The area represents one of Tennessee's best collections of 1870s period architecture. Restaurants, antique shops, boutiques, and night spots are sprinkled throughout the district.
5. Don F. Pratt Memorial Museum: Located within Ft. Campbell, the museum traces the history of the Screaming Eagles from World War II to Vietnam and Operation Desert Storm.
6. Land Between the Lakes: The largest inland peninsula in the US, drawing 2 million visitors annually. Enjoy a nature center, living history farm, planetarium and observatory, horseback riding, campground, public horse stable and elk/bison prairie.
7. Roxy Regional Theatre: Offers professional company shows and community offerings. Housed in a 1947 modern-art theatre, the Roxy produces 10 mainstage events annually.
8. Beachaven Vineyards and Winery: Free tours at one of Tennessee's foremost commercial wineries. Enjoy bi-weekly jazz music on the lawn each summer.
9. Clarksville Marina and Fairgrounds: In 2010, Clarksville will open one of the premier marinas in the southeast. Hiking and Biking trails, fishing, restaurants and more.
10. Historic Bell Witch Cave: Located in nearby Adams, this legendary cave and its past have been the subject of multiple horror films, including the recent American Haunting.
Find out more about Clarksville-Montgomery County by visiting the Chamber of Commerce Web site.