Austin Peay Guarantee
The Austin Peay Guarantee is a Dual Admission Program available to students transferring to APSU from various local community colleges. This program offers community college students the advantage of a structured approach for completion of an Associate's Degree, followed by enrollment in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree. Dually admitted students first enroll at the community college, complete the Associate's Degree, and then enroll at Austin Peay State University.
Advantages of The Austin Peay Guarantee
- Students are guaranteed acceptance to APSU, upon completion of their Associate's Degree.
- Students can save money by enrolling at the community college during their first 2 years.
- Academic advising available from APSU will facilitate a seamless transition between the two institutions.
- Students will be able to see their entire degree plan at the outset of their study.
- Completion of an A.A. or A.S. associate’s degree satisfies the B.B.A. and B.S. General Education Core at APSU.
- Students will be able to register during the priority registration time period at APSU the semester of graduation from the community college, after completion of APSU orienting activities.
- Students in the Austin Peay Guarantee Dual Admission Program who come to APSU with a 3.50 or higher collegiate grade point average and have completed an Associate's Degree will be considered for Presidential Transfer Scholarships.
- Students must plan to pursue both an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree.
- Students must meet current admission criteria at the community college.
- Students must submit all necessary documentation to be considered for admission.
- Students who are currently enrolled at the community college with fewer than 30 college-level semester hours may enter the program.
- Students must graduate under the 2004 or later Catalog/Bulletin.
- Students must have a 2.0+ cumulative GPA, at the time of APSU registration.
- A student may only participate in one Dual Admission program at a time.
- A student will be deemed ineligible if he/she fails to complete the Associate degree or fails to adhere to the provisions of the program.
- A student may withdraw from the program by providing a written intent to the community college or APSU.
- Students who attend another institution between the time they graduate from the community college and enroll at APSU must reapply to APSU as a transfer student.>
- Students in the program who continue to meet eligibility requirements are guaranteed admission to the university but not acceptance into any individual academic discipline which may have additional admission requirements.
- Students should apply to for the Austin Peay Guarantee program at the community college.
- Students will be asked to provide two copies of all application materials.
- The community college will forward copies of your application materials to APSU.
- Students will enroll at the community college and complete an Associate's Degree (AA/AS Degree).
- Upon graduation from the community college with an AA or AS Degree, students will reaffirm the information from their original application
- Students will then enroll at APSU and complete a Bachelor's Degree.
Austin Peay State University
Hopkinsville Community College
Nashville State Community College
Student Support Specialist
Student Support Specialist
Columbia State Community College
Admissions Advisor/ Recruiter
Volunteer State Community College
Office of Admissions
Motlow State Community College
Assistant Director of Student Services
Transfer Student Resources
- 2+2 Agreements
- Academic Programs
- Admission Criteria
- Admissions Home
- Application Deadlines
- Application Process
- Calendar of Classes
- Campus Tours
- Degree Plans
- Dual Admissions
- Financial Aid
- AP OneStop
- Online Forms
- Tau Sigma Honor Society
- Transfer Articulation Agreements
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Transfer Guide
- Tuition and Fees
- University Bulletin