The SLA Leader works under the direct supervision of the Enhanced Lab Facilitator. The leader is responsible for organizing and facilitating weekly SLA workshops, including: clarifying course concepts, incorporating study skills, generating notes from class, preparing workshop materials, meeting with course faculty, meeting with the Enhanced Lab Facilitator, adhering to program policies, and keeping workshop records as instructed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the structured workshops each week, incorporating the duties listed above in the General Description.
- Facilitate the development of study skills as applied to specific course content.
- Attend classes as related to specific workshop(s.)
- Prepare practice materials.
- Meet with professor(s) weekly for workshop communication and feedback.
- Attend monthly SLA staff meetings with Enhanced Lab Facilitator.
- Maintain workshop attendance records.
- Refer students who may require assistance from other programs to either the appropriate program or the Enhanced Lab Facilitator.
- Maintain confidentiality about all aspects of the SLA program.
- Maintain a safe environment for learning.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and guests of the university.
- Assess individual learning styles and promote appropriate learning strategies.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Maintain an educational environment which encourages learning.
- Make decisions and work independently.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed in all decisions.
Two years of college with a 3.0 GPA (3.5 preferred). Excellent public speaking and communication skills. Good time management and organizational skills. In-depth knowledge of subject material. Basic computer skills.
Submit an Employment Application through the Academic Support Center. Applications should be received not later than 15 April for consideration for fall classes, or 15 November for consideration for spring classes.