Admission for Transfer Students
Welcome to Austin Peay! This information applies to you if you have attempted 12 or more college credit-hours and are not a veteran/member of the armed forces. If you have attempted fewer than 12 college credit-hours, please visit our Freshman Admission website. If you are a veteran or member of the armed services, please visit our Military/Veterans Admission page.
APSU Transfer Center
We know transferring from one college to another can be stressful. To help ease your transition, we offer special transfer student services through our Transfer Center. Please contact the Transfer Center (931) 221-7280 or (800) 844-APSU with any questions or concerns.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
- Currently be in good standing with the last institution you attended
- Not be on academic suspension from your last institution
- Meet the following minimum GPA requirements:
- 1.5 GPA if you've attempted 12-29 credit-hours
- 1.8 GPA if you've attempted 30-45 credit-hours
- 1.9 GPA if you've attempted 46-59 credit-hours
- 2.0 GPA if you've attempted 60 or more credit-hours
- ACT score of 20 or higher
- A SAT score of 940 or higher
- A high school GPA of 2.85 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- A GED score of 450 or higher with a “passing” notation
AND ONE of the following:
AND ONE of the following:
- No more than one ACT subscore of 18 or less in English or math
- No more than one SAT subscore of 460 or less in critical reading and math
If you will be age 21 or older at the time of enrollment…
To be fully admitted to APSU, you must
- Provide academic transcripts that prove you graduated high school OR prove you earned a GED average score of 450 with a passing notation. (If you earned a GED before January 2002, you must have an average score of 45.)
- Complete the COMPASS assessment, earning no more than one subscore that requires enrollment in an enhanced core English or mathematics class.
Transfer Student Application Process
- Complete the online application for admission or call our office at (800) 844-APSU to request a paper application. You will pay a nonrefundable $15 application fee.
- Ask your previous college(s), high school or GED test center staff person to send copies of your transcripts/GED scores directly to the APSU Office of Admissions.
- You can use the Transcript Request Form to do this. We need this information, even if you do not want to transfer your class credits to APSU.
- If you graduated from high school or earned a GED before 1989, we do not need your high school transcript or GED scores.
- Take the COMPASS test if you cannot submit valid ACT or SAT scores AND have not earned credits for college-level English composition and/or college-level math. Contact APSU's Testing Center at (931) 221-6269 for COMPASS test information.
- Submit a certificate of immunization form. You'll need to complete this form and have it signed by a certified healthcare provider. Click here to print the form.
- Transfer equivalencies are available for our Tennessee Board of Regents community college and Hopkinsville Community College (KY) here.
All required information must be received prior to admission, evaluation of transfer credit and registration. Application deadlines can be found here.